I’ve declared this the summer of me! Well that sounds incredibly selfish, but it is true. I am investing in myself–guilt free.
1. It started with the braces this spring. I mean, I need them, but I typically wouldn’t put myself on the list. I cannot wait to have them off and have straight teeth. I cannot believe how much of a difference there is already. I know I will be happy I did it in the long-run. Lets just say I’m kind of in an awkward stage right now ;).
2. I’ve also started working on losing weight. I “officially” started that April 11th and I’m down just over 25 lbs! I officially lost my “baby weight” for Hudson. Next up is my Eleanor baby weight. Then I’ve got get to get started on my “marriage weight”. I actually did get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight for Quinn so that baby weight is long gone. One step at a time!
3. I bought some clothes for ME! My yoga pants that I have literally LIVED in since having Hudson were falling off. I hate buying clothes while my weight is fluctuating. I also hate feeling dumpy and frumpy so I hit some Memorial Day sales hard!
4. I invested in a rehabilitative workout program– the MuTu System. I have diastasis recti. Basically, my stomach muscles are separated. I have about a 4 finger separation. This means my stomach domes (and people ask me when I am due all of the time), my core is weak and my body is not properly supported. Classic abdominal exercises are about the worse thing you can do for diastasis recti–making it worse. I’m one week in to the program. I will be sure to let you know all about my progress, seeing as though there may be many of you with the same problem. (affiliate link)
Me, pregnant with Hudson at 37 weeks.
5. I got a pedicure. I know it seems frivolous, but taking time out for me (guilt free) is helping me to stay committed to all these other changes. For the first time in years I am not pregnant or nursing and I am really craving some independence and a chance to get back a little bit of ME. Oh, and pedicures are calorie-free. WooHoo!
Hopefully come fall, I will be one hot momma. Or at least a healthy one, because really that is what is all about. Part of being healthy is being comfortable and confident–and I’m getting there.
Any of you reinvesting in yourself? Putting yourself back on that list?
*sidenote- I had no photos of myself to add to this post. Getting in photos is a goal of mine.